Undergraduate Study

Universities in the UK offer an outstanding range of undergraduate courses to suit all interests. Entry has to be made via the Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) which limits the number of universities you can apply. There is also a small fee. Your UKEAS counselor will be able to explain this to you in detail and advise the best courses for you to apply based on your academic background.

Whilst some courses, like Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science and Architecture take at least 5 years to complete, most undergraduate (BA and BSc) courses take 3 years. It is important to note though that undergraduate courses in Scotland take 4 years. There is another course called a sandwich course. It usually takes 4 years including a one year work experience segment following on from the second year. Students, especially those on hospitality courses for example, can come back to their home country to work. They can also choose to work in companies in the UK where they will receive full payment. Students have to write a report about their work experience to illustrate what they have learnt. This course is very popular for students on business, hospitably and fashion design courses.

Still have questions? Please contact your local UKEAS office to get the most up-to-date professional advice. Remember, its free!

  • School / Course Search

    Find the school and course information that suits you

  • School List

    Complete list of UK schools in alphabetical order

  • Applying

    Let us guide you though the application process

  • Rankings

    A list of all university rankings in the UK

  • Scholarships

    A variety of scholarships are available to students bound for the UK

  • Visa Information

    UKEAS can help you apply for a visa to study in the UK

  • Accommodation

    Accommodation options for students