A career in biomedical science offers excellent long-term prospects in a fast-paced, dynamic profession. ARU is committed to helping you fulfill your career aspirations and work with local laboratories and hospitals to equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience that are highly valued in the sector.
Based on ARU's Cambridge campus, our Department of Life Sciences has developed a reputation as a world-class teaching and research centre. Its excellent facilities allow ARU to undertake research that will improve the diagnosis, treatment and understanding of human diseases. You will be taught by research active academic staff at the forefront of cutting edge discoveries in the field.
- Delivers a broad base of learning in medical biotechnology
- Teaching is group-based learning delivered in small groups
- Develop a wide-range of current laboratory skills through a variety of practical assessments, research projects and field trips
- Opportunities to complete a research - based project working with staff engaged at the cutting edge of biotechnology research
- Guest lectures are provided by experts in the field
- Links with world-renowned biotechnology research laboratories including the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Addenbrookes Hospital, and the Babraham Research Institute
- Applicants should possess or expect to possess when commencing the course a first or second class Honours Degree (2:1 or 2:2), based in a science related degree or cognate subject, from a UK Higher Education Institution, or its equivalent, or the equivalent in experiential learning (a minimum of five years of qualifying employment).
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate theirability to undertake the modules in (medical) Biotechnology.
- Prospective students with non-standard entry qualifications are advised to discuss their personal position with the course leader before applying.
Please contact UKEAS Philippines for additional information.